Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tool should I use to cut the end caps on the front spolier? I want to cut the Fog Light section off and remove the spoiler.

I used a cutting disc for the mods I made to my stock rocker panels and that didn't go the way I had planned, as the plastic or w/e meterial that is down there heated up and became a paste on the edges and on the disc.

So what did you all use?

· Registered
1,506 Posts
01001010 said:
What tool should I use to cut the end caps on the front spolier? I want to cut the Fog Light section off and remove the spoiler.

I used a cutting disc for the mods I made to my stock rocker panels and that didn't go the way I had planned, as the plastic or w/e meterial that is down there heated up and became a paste on the edges and on the disc.

So what did you all use?
Dremel tool with heavy duty disc.

· Registered
216 Posts
I am not an expert, so dont take my word for it but, most ground effects or other pieces not clearly a plastic are fiberglass usually. So use a tool designed to cut the peices accordingly. Most hardware stores can evaluate the pieces your cutting and recomend a blade for you cutter. There are certian blades to be used for almost every material. Many times, a blade for one material is not a good cut for another. So, when in doubt, at least ask someone that has done it before. Especially when dealing with parts that cost $100's of dollars.

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bud. When I was cutting the rockers, I noticed the fibers. At first I thought I had run over some old lady and still her hair stuck down there :D but then I took a closer look and saw that it was fiberglass! I had no idea! I was using a dremel but didnt have a heavy duty disc. I went through about 4 discs either because they broke, were spent REAL fast, or had so much of the goo buildup it ould cut no more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.