Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search hasn't turned up much, maybe I don't know what terms to search. So I pose this question: what do you carry on a long trip? I'd like to think that I'm ready for most stuff that could result in being on a flatbed. I'm not talking thousands of miles, but at least a few hundred miles away.
Relays? Fuses? Ignition Amplifier? Air Mass Meter?
Keeping an eye on systems and being proactive with maintenance goes a long way. Also, I set up my air suspension to have a 'rescue kit' with Schraeder valves under the hood and in addition, I carry extra tube and connectors.
But what can suddenly fail and be troubleshot on the side of the road?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Do you take spares with you when you go a few hundred miles in your daily driver? I don't.

If I go on a trip of thousands of miles into remote areas, I may take a few spares. One thing that I have learnt from the past is that no matter how many spares you carry, you will never seem to have the item that you actually need.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been stuck in my driveway twice (fuel pump, ignition amp) and been on a flat bed twice (ignition, again) in the last few years. So even being ten miles from home, on the side of the road sucks. So if I can squirrel away a few parts and the right tools, I think it's a good idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.