Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn it on the Disco channel! They are showing this british car show called Top Gear and later they are going to do a peice on the LR3..

It looked good too.. real offroading, not just a suck-up peice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
'Yawn'

It's ancient stuff :wave:

Seen it all before courtesy of the BBC

·
Registered
165 Posts
Top Gear

The "Top Gear" show has just been recently added to the Discovery channel's lineup. It's been around the UK for a while it seems.
I haven't seen the LR3 spot,
but I saw the Range Rover Sport vs. a Tank
and I saw the MK III Range Rover Overfinch 580S vs. a Porche Boxter (Range won)

It's a great show. :drive:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Top Gear

I saw the show on the LR3. I thought is was funny when the driver got the truck stuck twice. And he calls up some crew and they get him out while he is making soup for him self. If was on the recovery crew I would have given the driver a shovel and told him to dig while I made soup for my self. LOL It must have been nice to get a truck stuck and just have some crew get you out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea the truck did well though, those two stuckups were completely his fault. He admitted he was more of a sportscar man.

Whatever you feel about the LR3, its good to know it can still make it up a mountain. ;)

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
I was pretty impressed by it, as I am sure the pictures did not do the terrain any justice. I am just not totally sold on the whole Disco3(LR3) thing yet. More and more of the driving experiance is being taken over by a computer and taken away from the actual driver. The computer decides when to engage diff lock, low range etc. all by the adjustment of a dial in the center console. Takes all the fun out of it, just my opinion. :D

P.S. the grannies doing donuts in the s2000 was pretty funny. :buttrock:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey if you want, there about 25 LR3's in the US with coil suspension and less computers and less computers available in the US. I heard this via the grapevine at the dealership. Some how some one made a mistake in shipping. I think one of the coil sprung LR3's with a tdv6 engine would have faired a bit better. but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was pretty impressed as well. And yeah it was totally driving error that got him stuck, good thing he thought ahead to bolt a winch on. I think a better segment idea would have been to have a DI or DII race the LR3 to the top. Pretty sweet piece though, even if it didn't promote "treading lightly." :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
PanzerJaeger said:
He admitted he was more of a sportscar man.
Jeremy Clarkson is the man who famously quipped about a used Bentley Mulsanne BiTurbo:

"Milk is still more expensive than petrol. If you don't ask how much this baby drinks, I won't ask what you put on your cornflakes in the morning"

Tread lightly/politically correct he is not :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.