Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody catch it last night with the LR3, that show freakin rules! U.K. boys have been getting it for years, guess they finally deceded to bring it here! Show absolutley rocks, good dry humor, beatin the hell our cars we all wish we could drive, all the good stuff!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
I saw it, well the end of it anyway. Once he got the hang of mashing the gas peddle to the floor, it did fairly well off-road!

Love that show!

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
I LOVE that show. But 5th Gear is way better. ;) I love Vicki!! :buttrock:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Top Gear is a quality program and is what makes the TV license worth paying! :buttrock:

That Disco 3-up-the-mountain bit is rather old here in the UK, but I still think it ranks as one of the best Top Gear moments.

TG started as a very serious, practical program where the presenters would just tell you what they thought and move on. Then they gave the show to Jeremy Clarkson and it has never looked back! He is famously politically-incorrect and doesn't hold back the punches if he thinks a car is rubbish (he has a long-running hatred of the Vauxhall Vectra, with ever more imaginative insults being thrown at it), as well as an over-active imagination for coming up with bizarre stunts (playing conkers with caravans hanging on cranes, pushing a Citroen 2CV behind a B747 at full power just to see what would happen, racing an aeroplane to Switzerland in a Ferrari etc. etc.).

Glad you get to see it now!

·
4,576 Posts
My favorite used to be Tiff, I've ben downloading those episodes for quite some time now. Tiff's humor was pleasant too. At first I didnt like Jeremy because he's soo biased for Ferrari!...he just HASSS to compare everything he drives to a Ferrari! BUT...over time, he's been a bit more calm about that...guess someone brought it to his attention...but the show is GREAT!! By the way..what happened to Tiff??? I remember a relatively recent episode where he drove a Gallardo and havent seen him since.

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
Do you mean X3? If so yeah. haha. Althought it was a range rover that pulled him out "Can you bring a Range Rover and a rope". Rangie couldn't get him out, but it was worth a try. Just goes to show how bad it is off road

I shudder thinking about a Z3 off-road :eek:

·
Registered
528 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.