Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have purchased new OME shocks and plan on putting them in myself. I was wondering what the torque spec is on the shock mounting bolts and also on the lugnuts for the wheels. Is there anything else I need to know before I attempt this? Ihave replaced shocks before on my bronco but never on a Disco2. Another question I need help with is do you have to replace the rotors everytime you replace the brake pads? I have heard that they can't be turned and have to be replace each time. Don't know if this is true or not. What would be a good brake pad to put back on when I change them out? I have a 99 Disco2. Thanks guys.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone out there have an answer to my questions? Please help. I plan on installing them over the weekend so I really need to know about the torque specs. Is there a website that I could go to for this info? If anyone has ever replaced their shocks I would like to hear from them also.
:dunno:

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply 01001010. I guess I will be busy all weekend installing them. If anyone else has any suggestions about installing the shocks feel free to share the info. Thanks again 01001010.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shock installation is complete. It wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be. Took about two hours from start to finish. The rear only took about 15 mins. per side. The front was a little more indepth than the rear. I can not believe how much better it takes bumps and rides. The original shocks were shot. They had no resistance or any kind of pressure left at all. I also couldn't believe how much bigger the OME shocks and the steering damper were than the original ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.