Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
This subject has been dealt with on a couple of separate occasions, however, the dealer is basically correct. You can flat tow your RR, but you have to put the transfer box into neutral, but I wouldn't tow this way if a lot of miles are contemplated. The danger with this system is that if the transfer box suddenly jumps into gear after hitting a bump or whatever, you will be up for a major repair. The other alternative, although most inconvenient for what you want to do, is to disconnect the front and rear tail shafts, perferably at the diffs. These need to be then tied up securely.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Disco said:
This subject has been dealt with on a couple of separate occasions, however, the dealer is basically correct. You can flat tow your RR, but you have to put the transfer box into neutral, but I wouldn't tow this way if a lot of miles are contemplated. The danger with this system is that if the transfer box suddenly jumps into gear after hitting a bump or whatever, you will be up for a major repair. The other alternative, although most inconvenient for what you want to do, is to disconnect the front and rear tail shafts, perferably at the diffs. These need to be then tied up securely.
I hope this helps.
.... and make sure to mark the flanges on the diff and the driveshaft....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds painful

I wonder why all of the towing literature says that the RR2005 can be towed?
As mechanical as I am I can't see doing all of the necessary mechanical things every time i want to drive.. sounds like a trailer or maybe an old saturn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.