Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy a LR. Always loved them, but now I want to tow a 22' boat. Some sites rate the LR (95' -97' at least) at 5500lbs, but some other ones rate them at 7700lbs. What gives and which one is correct?
Would you tow with a LR? thanks

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
7700 is in low range. I doubt a 22ft boat is going to max out the 5500lb rating. You'll be fine. I tow my 23ft with my D2, no problems at all.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
It's a 23ft cuddy cruiser. I'd guess it runs close to the 6000lb mark with 80 gallons of fuel and the trailer. I trailer it all over the place, including my cabin which is 230 miles each way. As a matter of fact, we don't have a boat ramp, so I have to back it all the way into the lake to get it off and on the trailer (very shallow lake). I have yet to see any water enter the vehicle, and I am in there pretty deep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome pics! thank you...without much experience in LR, you start reading forums and you seem to get "scared away" from these things, but truth be told, LR are just awesome vehicles that can be used for just about anything. Thank you again for your input. My boat will be smaller/lighter than yours and I should be ok.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
My pleasure. Obviously, there are other vehicles that are better suited to tow things. However, the LR's may not be the best at any one item, but they do excel at many. This makes them appealing to me.

Post a pic of the new ride and the boat! I have to take in as many pictures taht remind me of summer before the snow hits Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
My parents tow a 27ft camper with their 97 RR all over and have never had problems.. They have been to Oregon, Wyoming, Utah, Vermont, Missouri, ETC,ETC, ETC......... Many miles have been put on the RR while hooked up to a large and heavy Camper. Many mountains conquered... I'd say there will be no problem!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.