Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with the TPMS on my 08 LR3. I sporadically get a "Check All Tire Pressures" message and the TPMS warning light on the dash. Of course I've repeatedly checked all tire pressures and they are dead on.
Recently I bought new tires and I had the shop install new pressure sensors from VDO that were matched for the vehicle. The issue went away for over 300 miles but is now back again.
I don't think the issue is with the TP module as the car seemed to "learn" the new pressure sensors just fine. The only other piece of the puzzle that I am aware of are the TPMS antenna located in each wheel well.
Does anyone know if a bad antenna would throw a specific fault code and if so, would a scan tool such as the GAP IID be able to read it?
Also, I read in the shop manual that if a new antenna is installed it needs to be initiated by the T4 tool. Once again, is the GAP II capable of this?
One other observation to make note of; lately it has been very rainy where I live and the car has been through some deep puddles on the road so I guess the whole discussion of shorts in the wiring must come into play.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just read through the IIDTool Manual and can find no mention of TPMS capability, am also having a "Check tire pressure" message coming up in the message center but tire pressures are OK. Am going to ignore it for a while because it's not critical, only other thing I can think of is perhaps a TPMS sensor battery has died? In the meantime, hopefully someone else has some ideas...

·
Registered
49 Posts
In one of the other forums someone suggested that your spare tire may also have a TPMS sensor and it may be low on air... Not the case for me though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still trying to figure this out. I know my sensor batteries are good as I just had four new TPM sensors installed during a recent new tire install. As for the spare low pressure scenario, the truck originally came with the donut spare which does not have a sensor so I assume the TPMS module is not searching for the spare.
I went ahead and got the GAP IID tool and found some TPMS communication faults that I cleared. Drove for a week with no issues then all of a sudden the check all tire pressures warning has returned. I really don't want to disable the system as the benefits are obvious. Frustrating to say the least.

·
very disco
397 Posts
What were the exact codes you pulled?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Instrument Pack had a U0127-87 (2E) Lost communication with tire pressure monitor module and the tire pressure ECU had a C1A64-93 (2E) Spare wheel tire pressure monitor module - component failure - no operation. The truck was never fitted with a full size spare with a pressure sensor so I assume this code is not relevant.
The instrument panel ECU also had a U0159-87 (2E) code which is a communication failure with the park assist module. I believe this is on the same fuse at the tpm module so I checked and the fuse is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts