Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with the TPMS on my 08 LR3. I sporadically get a "Check All Tire Pressures" message and the TPMS warning light on the dash. Of course I've repeatedly checked all tire pressures and they are dead on.
Recently I bought new tires and I had the shop install new pressure sensors from VDO that were matched for the vehicle. The issue went away for over 300 miles but is now back again.
I don't think the issue is with the TP module as the car seemed to "learn" the new pressure sensors just fine. The only other piece of the puzzle that I am aware of are the TPMS antenna located in each wheel well.
Does anyone know if a bad antenna would throw a specific fault code and if so, would a scan tool such as the GAP IID be able to read it?
Also, I read in the shop manual that if a new antenna is installed it needs to be initiated by the T4 tool. Once again, is the GAP II capable of this?
One other observation to make note of; lately it has been very rainy where I live and the car has been through some deep puddles on the road so I guess the whole discussion of shorts in the wiring must come into play.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just read through the IIDTool Manual and can find no mention of TPMS capability, am also having a "Check tire pressure" message coming up in the message center but tire pressures are OK. Am going to ignore it for a while because it's not critical, only other thing I can think of is perhaps a TPMS sensor battery has died? In the meantime, hopefully someone else has some ideas...

·
Registered
52 Posts
In one of the other forums someone suggested that your spare tire may also have a TPMS sensor and it may be low on air... Not the case for me though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still trying to figure this out. I know my sensor batteries are good as I just had four new TPM sensors installed during a recent new tire install. As for the spare low pressure scenario, the truck originally came with the donut spare which does not have a sensor so I assume the TPMS module is not searching for the spare.
I went ahead and got the GAP IID tool and found some TPMS communication faults that I cleared. Drove for a week with no issues then all of a sudden the check all tire pressures warning has returned. I really don't want to disable the system as the benefits are obvious. Frustrating to say the least.

·
very disco
542 Posts
What were the exact codes you pulled?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Instrument Pack had a U0127-87 (2E) Lost communication with tire pressure monitor module and the tire pressure ECU had a C1A64-93 (2E) Spare wheel tire pressure monitor module - component failure - no operation. The truck was never fitted with a full size spare with a pressure sensor so I assume this code is not relevant.
The instrument panel ECU also had a U0159-87 (2E) code which is a communication failure with the park assist module. I believe this is on the same fuse at the tpm module so I checked and the fuse is good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Without finding any resolution I finally decided to disable the TPMS on my LR3. The Gap IId tool offers an option in the CCF to flash the TPMS ECU with a “TPMS not fitted” upload. Worked better than expected because in the instruction manual it said that if the pressure sensors were left in the wheels, the TPMS fuse would need to be pulled in order to completely turn off the TPMS. By pulling the fuse you also disable the Parking Assist feature which shares the same circuit. I found that removing the fuse was not necessary so I still have Parking Assist and finally after a year, NO MORE TIRE PRESSURE WARNING LIGHTS OR MESSAGES! 😃😃😃

2008 Land Rover HSE

·
very disco
542 Posts
Nice! Almost as good as fixing it (-:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts