Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...so as i depress the brake pedal the truck veers to the left accordingly...as in, if i lightly press the pedal it will only veer off a little but if i step on it hard it will want to go into head-on traffic :eek: ...i went offroading sometime in Jan and warped the rotors so i had them replaced and ever since the job was done it's been doin it. My buddy at the shop said "dude, we had to take half the truck apart to change the rotors"...i laughed when he said that but now i'm starting think they literally did and screwed something up....they did balance the wheels. Then i just so happen to pop front left tire on the highway after running over a SPARK PLUG!! (not one of mine tho..haha)...i changed the tire excitedly thinkin it would fix the prob a little being that the old tires were worn (dont know if that has anything to do with it) but it still does it. The tire pressures are fine. Anyone got any ideas??? :dunno:

· Registered
238 Posts
From what I know it could be one of two things. Pressing the brake pedal and a car pulling to one direction be it left or right is normaly a wheel alighment easy to check. When driving does the car want to pull to the left hold the steering wheel loosely if it does then hay presto that is the problem. If it does not then the other check is to jack up the right hand side of the car push the brakes and make sure that they are indeed working for that wheel.
hope this helps and I am sure someone else might have other things to check.
Adam

· Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Brakes, the most common problem with Series Landies.

Check the following on your brakes.
1) check for oil/grease on the oppisate side brakes that the car pulls to - if it pulls right check leftside- This stops the brakes on that side from binding to the disk/drum, thus you only brake with one side.
2) Also in the opposite side, check that the brakes is actully working - opening and closing. If not:
a) Check for damaged brake pipes - Pushed flat by stones ect.
b) Check for blokages in your system
c) Check for air in that side system

I will start with checking the front Wheel. side pulls is normally accosiated with one of your front brakes not working properly. (Not always though, so also check the back).

4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moreas...im going to try all that, but i got a 96 Discovery..lol...but it honestly didnt hit me that it could be the brakes not working...i have an apointment tomorrow morning at the dealer for that gas tank recal and im sure they're going to life the truck so when they do i hope they let me stick around and ill look at the lines on that side then when i get home ill check out the other things mentioned. Thanks Guys. But if anyone out there has anymore ideas please post!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.