Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 LR3 with 147,500 miles.

After rear diff replacement I am now getting a Traction Control light and brake pulsation to one or both of the rear wheels when turning right and accelerating while getting on freeway. Happened once when decelerating off the freeway, again turning right. Speed during the activation was 25-35 mph. Traction light and brake pulsation ceased after completing the turn and steering returned to center.

A transmission fault message appears in the dash stating there is reduced traction.

Diff is a brand new Land Rover part, not rebuilt.

Truck is fitted with Proud Rhino 2.5" lift rods and larger tires.

My gut reaction is to investigate wheel speed sensors. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Considering your description stating " traction control light and brake pulsation" I would suspect a possible loose hub /wheel bearing.

Diagnostic fault codes related to traction control /a.b.s. Would surely help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While the rear suspension/hubs were apart the wheel bearings were inspected and deemed to be in good condition.

I will be pulling codes tonight and can share tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pulled the codes and found a Rear HD Diff Locking Motor learn code. Cleared the code and performed rear diff locking motor learn procedure and issue is now gone.

Good to know if you're having the rear diff changed in your HD package equipped vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.