Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still new to the lr community. Anyways I wanted to know if any lrd came with trailer hitches from the factory. I want to put one on mine but having problems. Most of the kits I find have a wiring harness that you have to find all the wiring for the brakes and directionals and tap the wires. Is there a factory connector that is on the vehicle somewhere and also a connector I can buy to just connect to it and not have to do all my own wiring. Please help. Thanks

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Still new to the lr community. Anyways I wanted to know if any lrd came with trailer hitches from the factory. I want to put one on mine but having problems. Most of the kits I find have a wiring harness that you have to find all the wiring for the brakes and directionals and tap the wires. Is there a factory connector that is on the vehicle somewhere and also a connector I can buy to just connect to it and not have to do all my own wiring. Please help. Thanks
Are you talking about the physical hitch or wiring or both? Yes, D2's came with a factory hitch. You could probably source one from your local pick-and-pull, e-bay, craigslist, etc...
And yes, there is a factory connector behind the right rear tail light. I believe there are kits available from various LR vendors to connect to it.
The other option is to get the wiring when you get the hitch. Save some money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.