Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for some trail scouting? I'd like to check out a few trails in Ellenville, NY in mid April. If anyone is interested in joining us let me know soon so I can nail down a date.

Thanks,

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's fine, just let me know what date works for you.

Thanx

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
John,

Sorry I have been busy. i am not sure when would be good for me. I just looked under the Disco and I need to replace the rear shocks and when driving today I had a funny noise coming from the rear. So I would need to take care of these things first.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We could replace the rear shocks in a few minutes, right before hitting the trail...

What kind of noise? Tighten the trailing arm nuts, check for worn bushings on the rear swaybar....just a few options

· Support Our Troops
3,383 Posts
John C said:
We could replace the rear shocks in a few minutes, right before hitting the trail...

What kind of noise? Tighten the trailing arm nuts, check for worn bushings on the rear swaybar....just a few options

The noise only happens sometimes, but is happening more and more lately. It sounds something like when your brakes need to be changed, but it is louder than I heard. Also it happens when moving slowly, but it comes and goes as you hit the gas a little at low speed. My foot is never on he brake when it makes the noise.

As for the shock, do the mounts go bad/break? When I have somebody push down on it I can see the bottom of the shock moving alot. I plan on buying a OEM kit in the next few days. Looking at the price for shocks & Coils it would cost the same if I stay stovk or go with a 1 or even 2 inch lift. I might just as well go a little higher seeing how I will be under there anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.