Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Last week I took the Rovski to a couple of hitch places to get an estimate on wiring for a trailer. Well U-haul said that they don't even bother working on Land Rovers, and the other hitch it place said that they can do it but it will take about 5 hours and $500.00. Are you kidding me I said? He said that it is a PITA but he could do it. OK so either he doesn't really want to do it unless he is getting TIP TIP $$ or they really are a PITA. He mentioned something about a Diode Pack for the brake sensor.

So do any of you guys have similar stories??

PS the lower radiator hose is leaking where it connects to the radiator. I have had such crappy luck with the coolant system, but on the bright side at least its not a head gasket!

P.P.S I think I am going to sell the rovski

· Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am going to be putting a TON of miles from now on and I need a more reliable car.. Tell me about it I dont' wanna sell it but the wife will probably have NON OF THAT 3 Car crap

· Registered
44 Posts
I recently did my trailer wiring for under $50. You need a converter to go from separate turn signals (Rover) to shared brake lights/ turn signals(trailer) and a trailer connector. I bought all these at Autozone. You can access the wiring on the truck by removing the right tail light assembly. There is a round plug in there for the Rover trialer wiring connector. Just cut the plug off and using either a meter or test light match up the Rover wires to the converter. Should take about an hour or less.

· Registered
139 Posts
I did my wiring, $19.95

autozone. the four wire thingy. i matched them and it works pissa.

the right back tail light has the wiring harness built in . here is a link to the wiring and what each colour means.

cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.