Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year Guys..
1st. Serg that is awesome that you got the discount for us.Thanks

My question is that this weekend doing my maintenence,as recommended the tranny cold and in neutral I watched the fluid be there,disappear completely off the dipstick then reappear to the level of full.Has anyone heard of such a thing..or know what causes this ...Please let me know. Thanks
89 Classic.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
This should be normal. When starting up the cold tranny, it is going to pull fluid up into the torque convertor and valve body as part of building up hydralic pressure.
What color was the fluid, on a clean piece of paper towel, what did it smell like, how many miles on it and how long has it been since it was serviced.
Mike J.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fluid is clean I have made sure that I stay on top.The miles are 170k but my step-mother was the original owner and she took it the dealer regularly. I have to change the filter soon but I have changed the fluid in the past 6 months.It just amazed me that the dipstick was soo clean.I must have pulled it out just as the converter sucked it up. I have also notice that my tranny dip has a blue handle and some have an orange. Is there any difference for certain years. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.