Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather is 110 degrees and my Transfer Case is overheating. I want to buy this now.

https://bearmach.com/high-capacity-sump-br-5415

The advertisement says this fits a "Discovery 2 L318". What is an L318 ? Will this fit my 1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 ?

·
Expert Crate Digger
169 Posts
I asked and was told if you have a V8 engine the exhaust will be in the way so you can't mount this.

The L318 (which is rarely used or talked about) is our Discovery 2 model just like the L322 Range Rover model.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You might contact Paul Grant, a forum member. Or Will Tillery (his number is someplace on the forum) - I bought a transfer case from Will several years ago and was quite happy with it.

Either of them might be able to answer your question or help you out.

·
Expert Crate Digger
169 Posts
Have you changed out the fluid?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might contact Paul Grant, a forum member. Or Will Tillery (his number is someplace on the forum) - I bought a transfer case from Will several years ago and was quite happy with it.

Either of them might be able to answer your question or help you out.
I am not looking for a new Transfer case

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked and was told if you have a V8 engine the exhaust will be in the way so you can't mount this.

The L318 (which is rarely used or talked about) is our Discovery 2 model just like the L322 Range Rover model.
Thank you sir. There has to be one that is compatible. Seems like a simple design. Am getting 2 different answers from 2 online sellers.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I understand that you are not looking for a new transfer case. Still rec that you speak to Paul or Will. They may be able to advise.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It looks like the Exhaust Pipe is in the way .. but in the photo it's diagonal .. It looks like it might touch the exhaust pipe but I cannot tell ...

This is a really good idea .... and from what I can see these have been around for a while ... I'm in Vegas and it was 111 degrees the other day ... on the black pavement sitting in traffic it's even hotter.

I heard there are some lake bed flats in Death Valley. I would like to do some wheeling out there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts