Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the transfer case oil on my DII, but cannot find the filler plug. Drain plug is okay.
Any help is surely appreciated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
had the same problem when i replaced my gear oil. the filler plug is on the backside of the transfer case. it is almost right behind the big round thing on the rear driveshaft, don't know what that thing is. it is alittle tricking to get to but it is not too hard. good luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scotth,
thanks for the reply. I had lots of difficulty finding it, as it is sort of hidden behind that big thing, which is the hand brake drum. My flashlight was too big to fit in there.
I did however NOT manage to get that bolt loose. Maybe you can confirm that the bolt takes a 10mm spanner ?

What tricks are there to get this loose ?
:dunno:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I used an extention for a 1/2 inch drive wrench to get mine out. it is alitte tricky. you have to angle the wrench to get it in there.good luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scotth,
thanks for the advice. I felt a bit stupid... actually really stupid as I found the filler plug later on. It's right there behind the hand brake cable ! It was a bit dark and dirty there, so not too obvious.

Yes, it is otherwise a straight forward task.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.