Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Disco II automatic of which the fluid and filter were changed this winter and double checked by a qualified Rover service rep last week.

When using the AC the tranny OT light will come on after a couple of minutes and stay on until the AC is turned off.

Anyone have any clew on what is happening?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
trans overheat

From what I gather (and I may be wrong), the transmission overtemperature switch is located somewhere around the radiator where the trans fluid lines enter the radiator. When you turn on your A/C, heat is naturally going to rise in that area because the A/C heat-exchanger is also located in that area.
Just a guess, but maybe for some reason your transmission is already running abnormally hot, just not hot enough to trip the overheat switch; when the A/C is turned on, it adds more heat to the problem and trips the switch.

Also, search this forum with the keywords transmission and overheat. It might lead you in the right direction.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top