Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Landrover Freelander 2 2007
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a Freelander I parked it one night and the next morning it wouldn't start. When I pressed the start button the dash lit up the hazards where on the headlights where on but it didn't start. I couldn't get the fob key out. I had the battery replaced but it keeps going flat, my friend came with the scan tool he did the codes, nothing it came up crash. I have been stuck for a week. Finally got the key out and it won't lock the car a window is down can't get it up. Help I'm at a loss of what to do, as I can't afford to tow, oh and gear selector won't move and I can't afford a mechanic thank goodness I have a friend who if given any clues can fix it but even he is at a loss

·
2008 LR2 SE
70 Posts
Sounds like crash mode. You'll probably need to have it towed to the dealer to get reset.

You can try disconnecting the battery cables from the battery, touching them together for 10 seconds, wait ten minutes the reconnect them. Wait another ten minutes then give it a try.

·
2008 LR2 SE
70 Posts
If it's in crash mode you either have to tow it to the dealer, an indie shop which has the JLR software, or get the JLR software yourself.

You'll need the software (bootleg downloads are available), a so-called "mongoose" cable, an old laptop with windows XP. Also should have a high-current battery support unit to provide high current to the car's systems when programming it (otherwise the voltage drop may kill your ECO $$$$$).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is discontinued, it's the maxi das 708 if memory serves correctly. I can no longer update it, I was also able to program another key fob. I was going to sell it but since I picked up this 2010 LR2, it's been getting a workout

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 LR2
19 Posts
I’m having same issue. The Crash code is triggered (no crashes happened). Everytime cleared it comes back as “permanent”. Tried to clear code again but found out there is TSB out that says it won’t clear without updated software.
Software update now done.
But my LR (indie who has subscription to LR system) won’t let them reset as it asks for the car’s SD card number? Not VIN or ECU number but SD card number. We never got that when bought car 2nd owner at LR dealership. Does anyone know if there’s a go around or if that is even correct asking for SD card number?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts