Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal. I put a TF 2in heavy duty lift on my 2000 disco and just recently bought new tires. Goodyear wrangler duratrac 265/75/16. They fit with a little rubbing but I need to trim the front bumper some. Just wanted to get some advice before I hack away at the front bumper. Also what can I do to get the new spare to fit on the back. New rear bumper?

·
Registered
81 Posts
For the Spare tire you can probably just take off the tire mount and turn it upside down. That should give the clearance you need.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I moved to 265/75/16 with my 2" lift, I used the molding lines around the fogs on my '01 D2 to cut them out and that gave me plenty of room. You have to make sure to secure the remaining wheel well plastic or the tire can catch it when you turn. The reason is when you do cut the bottom portion of the bumper where the fog lights are, you also cut away a couple mount points for the wheel well plastic to mount to, so it can be out in the way instead of held in place like it should be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah did some trimming around the the corner of the bumper and mold of the fog lights this past weekend. So far no rubbing at full articulation. Still trying to get the spare to fit on the back.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Still trying to get the spare to fit on the back.
Did you flip the carrier? It should fit. I aired my spare down to 24 psi to get it to fit with a stock bumper, with an aftermarket I can leave it aired up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Have you been off road yet, you may find that the rubbing comes back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been on trails but nothing crazy yet. I'm sure the tires will rub in the front. I am looking at either a new bumper or coil spacers so I don't have this problem anymore. But for now it is fine just as an everyday driver back and forth to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts