Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Throwing Money at It
1995 Land Rover Discovery
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Two months in as a Discovery 2 owner, and I'm loving this truck. Makes a great counterpart to my 95. Anyways, I've had a few minor issues since buying it, so I've been fixing those over the last couple months, and now I'm down to one last issue: surging.

Under hard acceleration, the engine feels as if it suddenly loses power around 3000-4000 RPM, then it will surge forward, then lose power again, surge forward, then the rest of the way to the shift, it feels to be severely lacking power. I've run several cans of BG 44k through it, cleaned the MAF, and cleaned the K&N filter the truck came with. I pulled the codes yesterday, and this is what I got:

P1174
P1171
P0441
P0102
P1884

Based on this, I'm reading that my MAF is bad, possibly also my o2 sensors. Also, I apparently have an evaporative emissions issue, not sure what to make of that one.

Based on these symptoms and codes, where do you guys think I should start? It's a 2003 DII, 82,500 miles on the clock, plugs and wires changed at an unknown mileage/date before I bought it, no other maintenance history available to me.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Replace the MAF first, that may clear it all up.
Make sure to only use a new Bosch MAF with the same part number on the barrel of the old one, no generics or after market unit cause they won't work.

·
Throwing Money at It
1995 Land Rover Discovery
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Any advice on a good source for one? I just plunked down my monthly repair budget on tires, so I'm hoping it won't be expensive enough to have to wait until next month.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
British Parts of Utah and tell them I sent you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts