Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trusted LR Shop in Covington/Mandeville, LA Area

Wow, as luck would have it, I had to have rotator cuff surgery 3 weeks ago on my right shoulder involving 5 anchors (and yes, I'm right handed). All is going well with the shoulder recovery, but last week my steering system started leaking.

Now normally, I'd tear right in and find the issue and fix it myself but at the moment, I'm a little less than able to do it. In reality, I doubt I could even crawl under The Beast to even LOOK to see where it was coming from in my current state.

My question is, does anyone on the forum know of a good local shop that I can trust to work on my 2002 Disco II and not take me to the cleaners?

I live in the greater Covington, LA area (about 32 miles North of New Orleans and about half way between Bay St. Louis, MS and Baton Rouge, LA)

It's leaving about a 2" puddle of steering fluid under the front when I park it overnight and over a week, the reservoir lost about a 1/4" of fluid.

The Beast has 138,000 miles so I think I got my money's worth from the OEM pump and hoses.

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one in the SE Louisiana area uses a local non-Dealer shop? :dunno:

Or does everyone take their Rovers to the Land Rover St(d)ealer in Baton Rouge?

At least the leak hasn't gotten any worse yet. :help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts