Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting an intermittant P1117 code,(coolant temperature sensor) for the last few weeks that I haven't been able to fix.

Have almost all new hoses, new 180 deg thermostat, have converted dex to peak, no leaks, no drop in coolant level in the resevoir, according to my actron, coolant temperature usually sits around 190, but hasn't risen above 196. I have replaced the temperature sensor that is below the lower radiator hose, but not the one on the manifold.

Could the manifold sensor be causing this code?

Thanks,
Darrick

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Try replacing the temp sensor on the radiator and you should be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I am at a loss.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a follow up.

I started noticing that I was getting the code more often than I thought, it just wasn't triggering the CEL every time. So I thought I might have a short or bad ground and started checking wires and connectors. Wires looked ok, no breaks, but didn't check with the meter, just re-seated connectors at the sensor and ECU and haven't had a code in a about a week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same code P1117 on my 02 Freelander. Tells me its the thermostat monitoring sensor. R u sure u changed the correct one. Not trying to beat a dead horse but my scanner said lower rad sensor for that code?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7 months later? Yes, I changed the correct one. I cleaned and reseated the electrical connections and used dielectric grease on the radiator temp sensor connection and haven't had the code since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts