Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I was just curious if you could get turbo diesels in the US or if it was next to impossible. Im already looking to get a second rover but I'd love to get a turbo diesel. In manual would be 100X better. Even if its on the other side of the country....Thanks! :wave:

·
Registered
590 Posts
98RRover said:
Hey everyone,
I was just curious if you could get turbo diesels in the US or if it was next to impossible. Im already looking to get a second rover but I'd love to get a turbo diesel. In manual would be 100X better. Even if its on the other side of the country....Thanks! :wave:

I take it, you were able to get the right amount of sponsors you needed to maintain your Black Serotay....

I dont really know what a Black Serotay is, it was a word I heard in a Cheech n Chong movie. :shifty:

Have you thought about supercharging?

What kind of exaust do you run?

Have you cleaned up the underside and painted all the metal?

I got a little carried away with the flat black paint the other day and started painting my plastic over. Got the idea from IBJettin. Dammnit. :beer:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Last i checked you couldn't!!!!!! I really want a diesel... They have been getting better about diesels here.. they let the mercedes diesel back in.....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hailsharky said:
I take it, you were able to get the right amount of sponsors you needed to maintain your Black Serotay....

I dont really know what a Black Serotay is, it was a word I heard in a Cheech n Chong movie. :shifty:

Have you thought about supercharging?

What kind of exaust do you run?

Have you cleaned up the underside and painted all the metal?

I got a little carried away with the flat black paint the other day and started painting my plastic over. Got the idea from IBJettin. Dammnit. :beer:

HAHA, yea i got a few people hooking me up now. I have a semi local shop (DTC Designs) www.dtcdesigns.com and Kicker helping me out, plus JBL and PIAA, (once 1 person said they would help me out, all of a sudden I can get a choice... :rolleyes: ) anyway, Supercharging is possible, but I need to have a custom manifold made, and thats expensive even with a sponsor, as for exhaust, im about to pick up the dual system from borla. It retails for about 1200 i think, but i'm getting it for about 200. Over the winter I think im getting the entire car painted. I have a few scratches that are driving me nuts, I'll take pics of my car when its pink with the primer cuz im sure everyone will get a kick out of that. Other than that im not doin much else soon, maybe having a custom hood made with an air scoop, possibly chipping, port and polish, and some other random stuff, I change my mind too much. The next thing is I need to grab some LRO stickers, I want to help this place out when i go to shows :buttrock:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Did anyone see Top Gear last night? With the new Audi A8 TDI that went 800 miles on one tank?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
800 miles on one tank? If a rangie could get that (never but i can dream) I would just import one. I don't understand why we can't get them in the states...

·
4,576 Posts
Mr. Taylor has his head on right...but not quite focused...when he says "an SUV smaller than the Freelander"..I HOPE he's talkin about a new Defender with a 90" wheelbase to compete with Jeep...and equipped with a TD Engine :::keeping fingers crossed:::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.