Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
I was checking out the links on the bottom of the page. I am a little skeptical about the "turbonator" airflow system. Is it legit? Will it really do what its says it can do?
What realy throws me off is that the advertising picture is PT cruiser. :confused

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
From what I've heard, these systems, Hiclone is another, are basically crap. However, there are some people that state that they do get better performance/mileage. Paid testimony's? Placebo effect? Perhaps you do get some power increase, :dunno: certainly nowhere what they claim.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
I am working on getting a demo model.. that way I can test it, and you don't have to pay to find out if it really works.

My K&N test is almost complete, and it has shown positive results.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Serg,

which K&N filter do you have? The rectangle stock shaped one that fits in the stock air filter box

or

the cone shaped ones that look totally aftermarket styled...?

I have the rectangled one.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Hailsharky said:
Serg,

which K&N filter do you have? The rectangle stock shaped one that fits in the stock air filter box

or

the cone shaped ones that look totally aftermarket styled...?

I have the rectangled one.
The rectangular one.. I did not want to change the airbox on the XD... but the cone shaped ones work MUCH better.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Serg said:
The rectangular one.. I did not want to change the airbox on the XD... but the cone shaped ones work MUCH better.
If you dont let the oil set up long enough on the airfilter it will suck oil into a sensor and throw off some bells and lights on the dash.
LAME.

I would imagine that the cone shaped one would throw some codes as well.

DAMF Land Rover and all there damn sensors.
Cant do anything. :shifty:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.