Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 county LWB, great truck (when I can get my hands on it, my wife is in love with it). The other day got in turned the key, all the regular dash lights, bells and whistles came on and nothing happened. Tried to crank her a few times and she finally started. Proceeded to clean battery terminals, checked the screw on the starter, all seemed ok. Tried to start her again and nothing. Finally after a couple of attemps she started. I then put graphite into ignition key (thought it could be switch). Anyway she seems to be starting fine, and every one in a while she won't start. any ideas??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am having ignition switch problems also (same RR LWB 95'), except mine starts all the time but the key will not turn all the way back to position I. So in turn the key will not come out. I would say it happens about 9 times out of 10. Well I took the plastic covering off the steering column that covers the ignition switch - I was going to attempt to add a push button switch instead but that baby is riveted on the column and looks very difficult to change or mess around with. If anyone has some tips for me or MtlRover I would appreciate it.. Sorry for hijacking your thread MtlRover but I needed to vent..

I also tried the Graphite lube but no luck..

Cheers

Dooley :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
If you are going to add an aftermarket setup, check these out. They make very cool stuff.

Go to Web Catalogue and then Weatherproof Panels

Switches

·
Registered
49 Posts
Turn key, no start

We had the same problem just the other day after replacing the starter. I even took the starter back to make sure it worked. What worked for us is this. There are two wires on the starter connection. One comes from the battery and the other goes to a terminal stud on the fire wall. Each time I had hooked it up I would put on the wire going to the terminal block first, then the one from the battery. Finally I tried reversing the order putting the battery cable on first and that did it. I have no idea why. But also verify with a multimeter that you are getting a good ground.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solved

Finally solved problem, turns out starter relay not getting Park signal from tranny. Grounded the terminal now starts in every tranny position, I don't really care about that..
the Rover starts and it cost nothing to fix, Oh Yea!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.