Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turning off ABS, TC and HDC lights on a DII

Alright....ive got a pretty festive dash going and I need to know how to turn off the ABS, TC and HDC lights.

It might be that my broken shock is letting my brake and abs lines be pulled on, but they arnt anymore....and ive already checked them. Is there anyway to reset the ECU so they turn off till next time? Anything?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmm.....it seems as though this could also be caused by the brake pads....ive got the stock pads, but DBA rotors....

...though this hasnt been a problem till now, so I assume its the broken shock extending enough to let there be pulling on the abs/brake lines.......this will all be replaced in the next 3 weeks when the 7100's come in with extended brake and abs lines.....perhaps ill wait till then?

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm.....looks as though it could be anything...damn.

I will/should be taking the rover in for the 52k mile checkup.....ill have the codes reset then and have them tell me what is wrong....I will go from there. I know an independent shop in town....would be much less $$$ if it comes to it.

What I will do in the short run is get a carwash.....I havnt washed my car for over a month and it could have dirt or metal shavings, etc. all over it.

I know nothing about ABS and brakes, etc..... .....the ABS was working to my knowledge (im not sure if it wasnt working for one wheel or something). The TC was working too....so its not going to be an emergency thing. I will probably wait till after I get the shocks and extended ABS + brake lines...I plan to get the brake fluid replaced anyway and I have no idea how to do that, especially without getting air in the brake system.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Josh,
It won't hurt to drive with your light lit.
As for the brake fluid flush, it's easy, go buy 3 pints of brake fluid, Dot 4 or synthetic.
All you need to do is a gravity bleed, satrt at the r/r wheel and crack the bleeder valve open and let it drip or flow until the fluid comes out clear, then close it. Make sure you keep an eye on the fluid level always addin to the top while bleeding. L/r wheel is next then the r/f and last the l/f.
By doing this, you don't have to pump the barkes or anything and you will have clean fluid with a firmer brake pedal when your done.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Installing the brake line extensions won't effect the warning lights.
Get down in that snow and go for it.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no........but after I install the brake and ABS extensions then I will do a brake fluid change to see if that does it. Before then I will wash it to see if its just something covering it up the sensor....havnt washed in a long time.

I will cough up the money if it comes to it....im wondering, are the ABS lines just single electrical wires? If so, has anyone used the two ends from the stock ABS wires and made thier own heavy duty ones with something like marine speaker cable or something?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.