Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Twin Cone. 2 D90's, 4 Discos, 1 Rangie from the Solihull Society, CO, USA. We had snow shovels but trail turned out to be pretty dry. Amazing views from the top.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moeras said:
Where is this place?
It's only about 1 hour or so due west of Denver. One of the nice things about living in CO :D I'm gonna miss this place

For those in CO: 285 due west,,past Conifer, past Bailey, to Kenosha pass. Stockers can run this with spotting & at least one well-equiped recovery vehicle,,, DO NOT go solo as there is one technical rocky section already marred by diffs & axles. Also a hill climb will defeat open diffs but there's a bypass. :drink1:

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
01001010 said:
Steve, in the second to last picture, in the middle, is that your buddy Brian? from the other set of pictures you posted some time ago? If so, MAD PROPS to him again for completing the trek up there! :clap:
Yup, that stocker in the middle of the 3 Discos at the top is in fact Brian. More proof, as if any was needed, of the capabilities of a stock Disco! At this rate he'll be at Independence by August ! :D

Trigger, if it makes ya feel better, I had to be winched down a hill by a D90 after a failed hill climb at 10,000 feet. Diff got hung up on a loose rock trying to back down. Luckily there was a tree off to the right so he could snatch-block me down. I think there may be some pics out there but I paid to have 'em destroyed ( :D )

·
4,576 Posts
Heks yess....with the recent rain, I've been taking the disco to the service roads here on the outskirts of the city near the farms and plowing through some crazy-deep mud. ( yes I've been going alone, I know its not safe but I'm sure you know the desperate feeling I've got goin on :rolleyes: ) I must say, I've learned a lot from the first time I went wheelin. I like to think that I'm really getting to know my Disco's capabilities in stock form.

I do wish I could keep it in stock form but the fact of the matter is, when you go on long trips and when you know you're going to be nowhere near the rest of civilization, those roofracks are no longer accessories but neccesities because of all the gear one must take! I learned that this last trip I went on last week. 4 bikes on a hitch rack, 1 big tent in its bag, the coolers, food, my friends' and my clothes, tools, spare parts, I ran out of space QUICK! Not to mention my already worn springs were put to the test when the rear dropped about 2-3 inches.

Then one has to consider all of the body, and undercarriage protection. The truck quickly goes from stock form to being a tank!

So yeah, I looooove stock Discos and totally respect the owners who have the co-johns to wheel'em. Good Job BRIAN!! :buttrock:

Thanks for the amazing shots Steve :buttrock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.