Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 97 Discovery and the tyre catches on the suspension arm on full left hand lock. I think that the tracking is out but I would be grateful if anyone could give me any info on this problem.

I just thought I would mention that I worked at the factory, building the things for 8 years (94 to 03) and this problem escapes me, the car has 1 previous owner with service history and is my new toy. Any ideas would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alarmed

I forgot to mention but the moment I bought it the alarm/keyless entry only works when it feels like it. Being English, I empathise but its a pain in the ass with arm fulls of shopping. Any ideas anyone before I get the spanners out.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
What size tires are on your truck?
Mike J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my defender 90 does same , i do have newish 7.50x16 mud tyres on it though and they are 2" larger in diameter than used on my other landrover with 205x16 on it , hence the rubbing on full lock

i dont actually feel the rubbing with mine though , i only noticed it was rubbing the radius arm when i took wheel off to repair a puncture .

im not sure if the swivels have a stop bolt fitted to them as i havent looked yet but i suspect this is all that requires adjusting .

as for the door key fob it has two 2016 batteries inside, try replacing these .

they run on around 418mhz .

my brother has a discovery and ive looked at the key fob signal on a spectrum analyser and it seems it only worked when the rear of the pad/button was pressed , not the front .

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The discoverys have a steering stop to help stop the tire wearing on the radius arms. It will also effect the turning diameter of your truck but just barely.
Mike J.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tyres

Thx for the help, The tyre sizes are 235/70 16 (standard fit) Goodyear Wranglers with hardly any wear. When I get back home I'll be looking at the key fob and trying the back of the pad. The cv joints in the swivel housings where replaced 2 months ago but I'll be having a proper look at it this week-end.

Once again thx for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.