Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 TD5. I have had bridgestone AT tyres, but in my opinion they are rubbish. I am careful with pressure etc, but I have wrecked two in two years in the Mansfield/High country area.

I am thinking about BFG AT and I am also thinking of getting the widest size practical. Any suggestions?

Ron :

·
Registered
146 Posts
With tyre choice it should come down to 2 things 1-how much do you want to spend, 2-what you want them to do

BFG's,Goodyear,Cooper,Simex they are all good tyres but if your going to a wider tyre just remember that when your going over the high country will they tyre rub the top of the guard????

If it was me I would stick to the same size and just buy a good M/T and not a A/T Goodyear would be my choice

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I run 33, 10.5 BFG Muddies with the Old Man Suspension and have no rubbing with max articulation. Great tyre have done about 55 to 60 thousand on them and there is still heaps left. No punctures I t roll them off the rim every now and then from to low presure. Had a set of 33, 11.5 Simex Centipede with about 75% tred on them and thes gave quite a bit of rubbing. I have seen one or two trucks running around with 33, 12.5 on but I would say that there is definatly rubbing with these wheels. The big thing to look for on Aus roads is to make sure that the tyre is with in the guidelines of the ADR and your insurance. It's no good having great rubber and an uninsured car, also don't always believe the person selling you the tyres that they are legal ask around and make sure I know quite a few people that have had this happen.
Adam

·
Registered
135 Posts
Try using Coopers, I cannot speak highly enough of this brand of tyres, they grip like a drowning man, last forever and are not partial to puntures, and the lack of road noise is a bonus. Wider tyres are really useful if you are doing a lot of sand/beach work or some say mud as well. Good luck on your decision. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts