Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, when I use the GPS, it defaults to searching in CA. I'm in Iowa, and home on the GPS is my address in Iowa. Why does it keep defaulting back to CA and how do I stop it? It's not the end of the world switching to Iowa, but it does kind of irritate me.

thanks

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
I have a better system on my droid phone....I'm also pretty sure that govt does too...lol. do you have an iPhone like everyone else. Download the app man.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Reading over the owner guides there are a couple things that stand out that you can check:

1) Select Calibration from the Navigation Setup menu.

Position/Direction
If the vehicle has been moved, for example, by ferry, rail or trailer, the vehicle position/direction may need to be calibrated.

Select Position/Direction. A map showing the current vehicle position is displayed.

Touch the appropriate arrow icons to scroll the map until the vehicle position is in the correct location, then select OK to confirm. Note: During map scrolling, the vehicle position icon will remain centrally located on the screen, while the map scrolls to the new position.

The map showing the heading adjustment arrows is displayed. Adjust the heading by touching the arrows until the navigation symbol shows the correct alignment. Select OK to confirm the new heading

2) SEARCH AREA
To reduce the time taken to calculate a route, map databases are divided into states called search areas. It may be necessary to change the search area that the navigation system is referencing (e.g. if you are traveling to another state).
Select Destination Entry then Search Area. The currently selected search area is shown highlighted on the map. Select the search area relevant to your journey, from the list of available areas.

3) If that doesn't work you might try restoring system defaults, then doing the position calibration. Both are under Menu, Nav Setup

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I go to search are and change it to Iowa when it goes back to California on its own. The other weird thing is that when I tell it I want a qwerty keyboard, it'll change to it, but change back to alphabetical- maybe that day, maybe several days later.

Thanks

·
Good Ol' Sport
12 Posts
Similar issues in my 2006 RR Sport! I was told that I need a new navigation antenna. I have not changed any settings but over the last six months, the navigation displays the vehicle driving in Lake Erie or other unknown states (VA, PA, & NY, I think). I'm in Cleveland. The navigation was cleared before I purchased vehicle used in 2012, but times my home settings show the car to be in the Long Island, NY area. :confused

In the upper left corner, "GPS" with a red slash through it usually shows while the map may be my actual location or elsewhere... I've just stopped using navi and choose to show 4x4 info... I've recently turned navi back on and sometimes it appears to be working, still with the "no GPS" icon.
I updated the navigation DVD last year when these 'glitches' were much less frequent and have yet to price the antenna, but was told it is expensive! I like to have all features working, but 2.5 years of other not so successful 'fixes' tells me that the right patch for this one is my iPhone! :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts