Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I am restoring my new to me DII back to good condition and I’m on to the door locks. My drivers door does not do anything at all. I took off the door panel and don’t see anything obviously amiss. I think I feel a little click on the interior locking pin thing indicating it is receiving power and trying to some degree.
The key does not turn from the outside and I can’t push the interior locking thing up and down at all, unless the door is closed, in which case I can push the lock down but not pull it back up. It pushes back up when I open the door with the interior handle.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Hi, first of all you have to replace the latch actuator to make it work on fob or dash switch command, if after that the key is still not turning means that the PO changed the ignition switch and that key doesnt match the door barrel so you have to go to a locksmith to make it work

Reactions: V50_M66

·
Registered
306 Posts
The key not turning in the door lock cylinder may also be due to a broken retainer wafer. See my writeup linked below, starting with post #13.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Let‘s get back to the basics (cue the Waylon & Willie!)

First, what you have observed with the operation of the locking knob on the door is correct, you cannot unlock the truck by lifting up on what little of the knob is visible

1: when you use either the fob or the dash switch, do you find power applied to the connector to the door lock actuator?

2: do NOT replace the actuator until you have confirmed presence absence of power to the door lock actuator!

3: you state that the “driver’s” door doesn’t respond. Do the other locks work as intended?

4: believe it or not, it is quite possible that your “Intelligent Driver Module” (a curious name for a fuse box) is the culprit

To answer your question directly, yes, I have encountered this condition 😉🤪😜😂

Reactions: redtruck12
1 - 4 of 4 Posts