Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will try to explain this as best I can since I don't have a digital camera. When standing on teh drivers side of a 95 D-1 and looking at the engine (bonnet up) I see all the usual stuff that I should see. I look somewhat inboard and look at the aft area of the left bank of the engine and I see a hose coming out of the top and heading my direction. I follow the hose while it runs along the drivers side fender wall and down into the area where the bottle jack is...

(I am trying to diagnose issues with my cruise control and I thought it may be a vaccum line.)

I take out the bottle jack and this end of the hose is just sitting there not attached to anything. It had a hose fitting in it witha samll hose clamp on but there was nothing for it to be attaced to. It was just lying next to the bottle jack. I am really confused.

Am I heading the right direction if this is the CC vaccum line? Where is the vaccum pump for the CC?

Please help. (if anyone has a photo of the engine bay I can easily draw some arrows on it to help if necessary) THANKS

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the best that I can do. This photo is of a newer Discovery, but you get the idea. The hose looks like it comes off of the engine head covers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
The hose is for cruise control and the unit is ibelow bottle jack, Not much room to reach into. I replaced my hose, sometimes works . Waiting for warm weather to get to it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
asolo, agreed with everyone else. the hoses should connect to a wee unit. with power connections and is part of vac lines. will try and take a picture of it tonight when i get home but with the weather being -35 c with wind, i might not venture out
take care
sam

·
Registered
43 Posts
asolo3J, the CC pump is a small pump under and to the right of the jack, look under the plate where the jack sits on, very small area to work in but you should be able to work the vac line back onto the pump, also check your T fittings, they like to crack there [the line] and squeeze the bulb pump at the throttle body and listen for air leaks -Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts