Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MG
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see in the picture, this sensor is obviously not quite right. I suspect that it has been like this for quite some time (since before I bought the Beast 4 years ago).

Notwithstanding the fact that it is obviously is not an essential piece of equipment, I want to replace or fix it. But first I have to identify it - can anyone name that part?

If you're looking towards the front of the truck, it's on the left side of the transfer case, not too far from the hand brake drum.

TIA

·
MG
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well by the looks of it, the transfer case overheat switch melted when part of its harness came into contact with the exhaust pipe, how ironic.

Ok, so I don't need it and the LR engineers figured this out for later models. But I'm wondering if I should just extirpate its wire harness or leave it there to cause trouble later. I want to chase this down because at some point one of the POs had to decide what to do with this failure and he and his mech may have made some dumb decisions that could anger cousin Lucas...

What's its function? The transfer case begins to overheat, then what? Does it have a corresponding indicator somewhere (a light, perhaps)? Can I remove the switch assembly and plug the hole?

Thanks JP and Rx for the help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.