Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am looking a purchasing my first Land Rover and it had to be a S3 and have found one which is a petrol model can it run on unleaded without any modifications, if it requires a new head where can i get one and what sort of price are they.

Thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
Unleaded!!

Crowy,
I asked around a lot about this and one chap said that if you are not doing high mileage or high revs(I have a 1983 SWB petrol Series III) then don't worry.I fill mine with unleaded or LRP(v.rare) Not sure if he's right - someone on the forum might have a better insight. Mine runs well occasionally overruns when turned off but I can live with that.

tom

· Registered
317 Posts
Yeah,
I wouldn't worry about swapping out the head or the valve seats unless you intend on putting a lot of miles on or revving her at more than the 4250 rpm redline...

What you might want to consider is running an additive that will offer the same lubrication properties that the lead used to. To that extent, I run Schaeffer Oil Neutra in my tank...but I'd guess that most anything would be just fine...

Bogatyr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.