Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some electrical issues with my 94 LWB. Inculding a new alternator and a new battery. The new battery was installed by the dealer, and at the same time they had to do some work on the wiring betwee the battery and the alternator. A day after I picked up my Rover I noticed I did not have contril of the EAS. When it is started it automatically raises (just an inch short of max). I had read somewhere that the dealer is supposed to "unlock" the EAS after servicing that includes electrical. Is there a way I can do this myself? Will a simple fix like unhooking the battery handle this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info

I have been through what I can find electrically and the EAS is still not working. I don't hear the compressor kick on when I am idling. Next question is where do I find the compressor? Is it in the housing on the passengers side near the drivers door?
Also if anyone has any suggestions of where to troubleshoot next I wiould love to hear them.
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to figure some eletrical out with the EAS

I am still trying to diagnose the problem with my EAS. I found this on rangerovers.net, but it leaves me with more questions.

If the compressor does not run when it should, possible causes include:

Failure of the pump motor
Blown fuse 44, Maxi Fuse 2, or Relay 20 (all in the engine compartment fuse box)
Faulty thermal cutout switch in the compressor
Faulty pressure switch in the EAS valve block
Faulty EAS ECU

Are these items in the box under the driver's seat? On the site it was mentioned these were found in the engine compartment fuse box. If I am not mistaken isn't that item on the 4.0/4.6?

Thanks for the reply Sven, but the disable switch was in the "operate" position.

I am new to this, and not sure if I want to dive this deep into the electrical.

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
you say the car rises normally when you first start it? If that's the case, your compressor is working fine. When idling the compressor shouldn't necessarily come on. If you're locked out of changing the height and you're just driving normally, the compressor shouldn't come on very often at all. That's assuming you have no leaks. I would check whether or not it's running when you first start the car up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Compressor is not running

Thanks for the info and questions. The compressor is not running at all. The suspension is down to the stops. I wanted to check the rest of the electrical before going underneath for the compressor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.