Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted yesterday I was not having high from the heater blower motor on my 91 Classic. Thanks to an archive post from member "sawicki" (and the only one from spending hours searching) suggested one remove the vent cover where the resister is and take a long screwdriver and manually turn the blower motor several times. I did as he suggested for about 5 minutes. To my surprise, the blower motor began working perfectly. I guess not using the truck for several months wasn't good! Thanks to him (hopefully still on the list) for saving me hundreds of dollars and the pain of removing the dash. I am wondering how many replaced their motor when this simple procedure was the only thing needed? To those whose motor is not working, I strongly suggest this simple procedure.

Richard
1991 Classic

· Registered
5,761 Posts
I really do not understand how turning it over by hand did anything. You stated that it was still working at the lower speeds and only not working on high. Therefore having it on the low speeds was already turning over the motor. So how does turning it over by hand different to having the motor turn it over??

· Registered
638 Posts
I really do not understand how turning it over by hand did anything. You stated that it was still working at the lower speeds and only not working on high. Therefore having it on the low speeds was already turning over the motor. So how does turning it over by hand different to having the motor turn it over??
i have to agree!!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what caused it to start running perfectly. Perhaps, it was sticking and by turning it around for about 5 minutes with the screwdriver made it turn more smoothly (and allowed it run faster;therefore, normal on "high")? I forgot to mention when I initially turned it on last week it would blow the 30A fuse. I put in about 4 fuses before it began to run very slowly (and not blow the fuse).

PS The truck is hardly driven as I am a collector with 26 cars. Really need to sell it to someone who can really use it! Bought it from the original owner!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.