Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another cosmetic question as this new motor is running great so far this first week. No hiccups lights problems thus far. Bone stock and purrs.

have any of you installed a touch screen or newer device? I’d like to find a nice new unit to replace the oem cassette display. Any good options or units that fit great? Integrate the steering wheel volume and control?

speakers work plenty fine. Thanks ahead of time. Rather tinker myself than drop at an audio store...

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
The stereo in the D2 is a strange thing. It has a nearly double din face, but the actual head unit is single din. This makes fitting an aftermarket radio look strange (in my opinion) even with the proper trim kit. There’s a guy online who makes custom dash kits which relocate the heater switches and allows a double din to fit, but he wants a LOT of money for them.

alpine also has an option with a protruding, fixed display. It was brought up in a semi recent thread here with pics.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
With some trimming after the casing was fitted it's possible to fit multimedia 2DIN or any other unit... for an ideea:

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
possible to fit multimedia 2DIN or any other unit...
many things are possible... what is preferable though? How does that stereo look from the side? Is the bare metal cage exposed?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
many things are possible... what is preferable though? How does that stereo look from the side? Is the bare metal cage exposed?
Nothing is exposed, it's like it was there from the beginning... though it's a friend's vehicle cos i dont give a sh*t about I.C.E... i'm listening only the radio at low volume... this way i can hear strange noises from the powertrain :)

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
Haha yeah. I have a BT3 hooked up to my factory radio and the shitty old speakers.

I am normally listening to the whir of my tires and rattling plastics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts