Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other half and I have spent the last few days in Salisbury doing Christmas shopping. The surrounding area is absolutley stunning and is home to the MOD Tank firing range that is open to the public for offroading on Sundays. Needless to say I now have complete confidence that my disco is a more than capible offroader!!! I can see what everyone is on about!!!!!I have taken my series and Defender rigs out there in the past and must say that it could go toe to toe with them in the rough!! Anyway......I am looking at getting a lift and new tyres. What lifts do you have or would suggest getting? Is 2" good or too high?? What tyres would you Disco freaks choose?? Some mud but nothing too extreme,mostly rocky and rutted trails with decent road handling ability.?? With the AT I have at the momment I am getting around 750 miles to the tank would love to try to keep as much fuel economy as possible. Any Ideas would love to hear them as my experience around defenders and series vehicles may not be too aplicable to my Disco. Cheers :drink1:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
2" is perfect. You should - theoretically as every Rover is different - not get vibrations and so forth with 2". You should look at extended brake lines and getting rid of the rotoflex. But in all reality...I have a 2" OME lift, do some rough offroading and my rotoflex has been OK - all with about 15,000 miles on it after the lift. However, I am lucky. I am going to replace it after the holidays with a RR driveshaft. As far as brands for lifts...I would go with Scorpion since you are in the UK and aren't they a UK company?

I could go on but I need more beer. I'll chime in some more after others give their two cents. Cheers mate! :drink1:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have 2" Rover Tym springs with stock everything else for the moment and 265/75/16 MT's I love the combo and it drives wonderfully both on and off road. And it makes the truck look so mean. However some rear fender trimming was required with my tires. anythign higher than 2" will give you drive shaft problems and require longer lines shock......

much more in my plans but i have so many toys my money is spread thin amongst them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.