Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some street flex shots of my rover..I was trying to see how it did without the booge leveler..I took that out, but was unable to even attempt maxing out in my driveway

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't expect any change in articulation just from removing the Boge unit. There is some potential for bind in the A-arm ball joint at the top of the axle, but that joint is there whether you have the Boge or not.

In fact, a truck with the Boge and lighter springs should have more articulation (or at least, better weight distribution within its articulation) than a truck that has heavier springs to compensate for the removal of the Boge. That's one of the reasons the Boge was there in the first place: to provide extra load-carrying capacity in a way that didn't reduce suspension flexibility (and also to level the truck over varying loads).

Of course, all of that supposes that the Boge still works, and on most trucks these days, it doesn't, which is why most stock trucks sag in the rear.

Great pics though. It's pretty hard to test articulation in the driveway, isn't it? I don't have a way either, and I don't have room to build an RTI ramp.

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
That is some good articulation I've ever seen from a full size SUV. Isn't yours a Short Wheel Base? And did you remove something from your rear quarter panels toward the bottom? I'm assuming it's for better clearance. Cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Badger1 said:
Great pics Funrover! Did you notice some more flex with it off?
When i went out to test it I did notice my rover stayed level longer....

RageRover said:
That is some good articulation I've ever seen from a full size SUV. Isn't yours a Short Wheel Base? And did you remove something from your rear quarter panels toward the bottom? I'm assuming it's for better clearance. Cool stuff!
Thanks!!! I like the flex.....Yes mine is an SWB.....I cut the rear quarter panels...about 8" off..LOL..... It has been great for clearence in the big rocks and drop offs.....

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
That's cool, cause i was watching On-line; a bunch of guys with there sons were of four wheelin' at this one place, can't remember where exactly, in their 3 Discos and I think 2 RRCs, as they were decending these rocks they would always bottom out in there rear quarter panels. One guy on his RRC SWB install skid plates that worked perfectly as he decended down the trail. Pretty cool video, about 20 minutes long though (took me half hour to download and then watch).

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You still have the video? Can you load it onto the site?

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
I'll try to post it in the "Show it Off" section hear in a minute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.