Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I lost my car key and had to reprogram another.. I drove the car to where I parked it but after reprogramming another key, the car wouldn’t start though the new key could open and close the doors.. the dash light also came up.. The car just won’t start.. please HELP!!!

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
642 Posts
Did you get the new key programmed to the immobilizer (new key chip programmed to car)?

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
642 Posts
Yes.. locksmith programmed it to car.. the remote opens the doors and dash light comes up but the car won’t start
The dash will turn on and doors will unlock even if the chip isn’t there. The immobilizer simply doesn’t allow cranking if it doesn’t see the chip

·
2008 LR2 SE
57 Posts
I've had quality problems with some aftermarket keys. This is the one I'm using now, seems to be quality and works well...

I program my own keys with an Autel AP200. The AP2 software is a little wonky, but it can be made to work. I've figured it out, but I'd look a different programming device if you can find one with a good reputation. The AP200 is cheap, so that's good.

You can also easily find a download copy of the JLR SDD software used to program all features of the vehicle. That requires an aftermarket mongoose cable ($30) and a high-amp power supply that's not cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts