Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ex Cherokee owner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Roland here. So I'm in Nosara, Costa Rica and as much as I would love to only use OME I just can't. There is only one place to get parts and unfortunately it's the dealer :( and its 5 hours away from me :( :( :(.... So I've been researching and I've noticed that the older Toyota Land Cruisers have basically the same front axle and other suspension parts. Do any of you ladies or gents know of anyone thats done this kind of bastard conversion or if it's even possible? Any help or insight would help.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
People use the FJ80 axles/thirds all the time. The swap requires some fab work, but they're much stronger than the stock Rover stuff. And if you get the right thirds, they have e-lockers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! Roland here. So I'm in Nosara, Costa Rica and as much as I would love to only use OME I just can't. There is only one place to get parts and unfortunately it's the dealer :( and its 5 hours away from me :( :( :(.... So I've been researching and I've noticed that the older Toyota Land Cruisers have basically the same front axle and other suspension parts. Do any of you ladies or gents know of anyone thats done this kind of bastard conversion or if it's even possible? Any help or insight would help.
Hey how are you I am from Costa Rica, I know different places besides the dealer that you can get parts. Send me an MP and I will send you some contacts.

Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.