Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my baby in to my mechanic tomorrow to have them use the no longer used EAS for something worthwhile! I am going to have them tap into the tank, put in fittings and then I will buy the airhose etal so I can pump up my tires after letting them down on the trail! Also for all those pesky kids floatation devices to tow behind the boat!

Anyone else done this at all???

:drive:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have been toying with the idea for a while now. I have an air tank from an EAS RR along with a Quickair2 compressor. I will mount the tank in the rear cargo area of my D1 along with the compressor and hose real.

Remember, it's a good idea to drain the tank every once and a while to remove water from condensation inside the tank.

I'll probably finish it this spring.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get her back today - I will let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
489 Posts
My 95 4.0 SE has been converted to coils, but of course the EAS is still all there minus the air springs. My question is how can the inactive system be made to work, and still be discreet? It would be nice to just have a switch you turn on which turns on the compressor under the hood and have the hose attach to the tank, but I would like it to operate so that the compressor shuts off when the tank pressure is full. Any ideas, or even utilizing one of the dash switches which are not in use such as the suspension "freeze" button?
One other question: I like all the lights on the dash / console to light up, and since the conversion all switches associated w/ EAS were unplugged. I plugged the "freeze" button back in and now it lights, but would really like to get the large button with the up / dn arrows to light up, as well as the indicator with the red leds. When I plug that switch back in I get a bright orange RR icon with an up arrow lit on the dash. So I take the instrument pack out and unplug the bulb, easy, but how can I get the red leds to stop all blinking at once? I would like just one to light up at the normal ride height, or would be satisfied to have none light up.

Last question: the mode button on my shifter does not light up. "Sport" and "Manual" do light up in red when they are selected, however. So I took the shift selector apart and cleaned, noticed all the lights are little LED's including two which light up mode button. These do not work. Can they be repaired / replaced independent of the whole unit?

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I used one of my air suspension switches to turn on my driving Hellas. A very talented friend of mine had trouble getting the lights to work when the switch was in various on and off positions so we gave up on that.

To get the compressor to shut off you will need a pressure relay switch. Basically when the tank gets to a certain pressure the switch trips a relay that shuts off the compressor.

Now the hard part. Finding a switch like that. My air tank in the garage has one but where do you get another????

Post if you find one and what it's actual nomenclature is so we can all run out and get one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Since there is already a pressure valve/switch in place, it should not be hard to make a 12v circuit out of an on-ff switch, the compressor, and the pressure valve...should it?

-Coach

·
Registered
22 Posts
Air supplies

Try Tellico 4WD

They sell all the parts to install onboard air and compressors.

Tellico Onboard Air

You will need fittings, pressure cutoff, and you will need to re-run the supply line from the pump to the tank, and remove (plug) the return from the tank to the EAS. Tellico also sells the piece to add a pull tab dump to get the condensed water out.

I wish I would have replaced the EAS with springs instead of rebuilding the whole system. ENJOY.

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts