Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any rust spots on their Disco's? My 97 is starting to show signs of its age and I am wondering if anyone else knows of any typical areas where rust can show up? So far the spots I have are:

both rear inner fenderwells
front inner fenders between fender and bulkhead (under ECU)
top of chassis in engine bay

I'm beginning to treat these areas but does anyone know of any other areas I should check? my 96 had serious rust in the rear floor and also the passenger floor where the carpet insulation soaked up all the moisture from the A/C drain line. My truck has lived in northern new england its entire life so I think the corossion process is a little accelerated here.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
A very common area is under the outside rubber moulding on the alpine windows. Once this occurs, water ingress begins, sometimes for quite some time before it is discovered. This usually leads to besides staining the hood lining, it causes it to sag.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disco said:
A very common area is under the outside rubber moulding on the alpine windows. Once this occurs, water ingress begins, sometimes for quite some time before it is discovered. This usually leads to besides staining the hood lining, it causes it to sag.
This is one of many problems on my 97 Disco. A small section of paint around the moulding on the top rear windows has started to bubble and the headliner has started to sagg, any suggestions how to solve this before it starts raining?

·
Too much money,not enough sense
148 Posts
Trans tunnel....by the AC drain pipes....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.