Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

I have a D-1 with 190.000 miles on it on the original engine tfr' and g'box.

It seems to be developing some poblems such as when I brake hard it occaisionally stalls or the revs go nuts, any ideas?

Hey is 190k good mileage?

Cheers

Nomad

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
190 is just broken in-mine just passed 194.

As for the stalling, have you replaced the idle air control valve (stepper motor)? Byt he time you reach 190, it is either worn out, or badly clogged.

It's on the back of the plenum housing, facing toward the right with a four conductor plug attached to it.

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
35 Posts
life of a 3.9, very short!

On a 95 D1 with 62,000 (new to me) rear main leaked. Dealer replaced seal 4 times, pulled crank. All bearings in Bronze. It always had dry starts 5-8 seconds, 40 psi oil pressure. How long, 62,000 then shot. Added a 4.6 with a pre-oiler, always a wet start and instant pressure. Can pre-oil after oil change with dry filter. Rover oil system sucks if stock! Carl............o&o>................

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

Cheers PT, will look into that.

Replaced the air filter standard box with a K&N cone and the problem has not returned.

Cheers

:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
beemer said:
On a 95 D1 with 62,000 (new to me) rear main leaked. Dealer replaced seal 4 times, pulled crank. All bearings in Bronze. It always had dry starts 5-8 seconds, 40 psi oil pressure. How long, 62,000 then shot. Added a 4.6 with a pre-oiler, always a wet start and instant pressure. Can pre-oil after oil change with dry filter. Rover oil system sucks if stock! Carl............o&o>................
Curious-I recently pulled a main cap from a 4.2 with 153K and while there was some wear on the bearings, it wasn't as bad as I'd expected from the low oil pressure.

I wonder if there might not have been something else involved here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.