Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
my disco 3.9 v8i runs on lpg/petrol (gas) until recently every now and then the car would not start/run on petrol but gas operation was perfect. Now this is happening very often and sometimes it will tick over on petrol roughly but stalls if you feather the accelerator/gas pedal as though maybe the airflow sensor may be the problem, however next time i try to start it,it will run fine on petrol. At no time has any of the engine warning lights illuminated. Any suggestions?

· Registered
161 Posts
Poss. a fuel pump. Check for pressure level at the shrader valve on the fuel rail near the intake.

K

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,
one for the memory banks,: the disco finally packed up totally on petrol today so I could finally pinpoint the issue, it turned out to be the alarm spider again!!. around a year and a half ago I had an issue with the coil feed (blamed myself as we took the supply for the gas (lpg) solenoids from the coil).
however the landrover dealer said that they no longer manufactured this item
(why?) so as the Haynes workshop manual didn't give any clue of where the spider device was I let them fit a new unit. This now needs an RF ID keyfob to be passed over the steering column (pain in the rear) and cost me £450 for the pleasure!! so now the fuel pump output has gone belly up as well I presume this will be part of the new 'improved' spider.
(never have liked spiders!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.