Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have succesfully replaced my batteries on both of my remote valeo keys. red lights flash on key fob. success! NOW HoW DO I GET MY RovER to reconnect? It won't unlock and lock with remote. is there something i do to get rover alarm to recognize remotes again? help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your now a the programming phase. If your remote doesn't work you have to tell the Discovery they belong to them. So to do this you can go to the dealership and pay for 1/2 hour of service fees for 5 mins worth of work. Or you can contact a automoblie lock smith who can program a Discovery. Or you can purchase or find someone who has a Land Rover blackbox and do it yourself. (look up blackbox solutions) on youtube.

Remember when you could go to the hardware store and get a key.

there is a post about Range Rovers that states the following. I am not sure if this works, because it refers to Range Rover, not Discovery

Programming or coding keys for Range Rover 4.0 and 4.6 - 1995-2001

The pushbutton keys are numbered Key 1 through Key 4. When ordering a key, you specify the number. You can only have one of each number. So for example, if you have a Key 2, and you order a second Key 2, only one of those keys will work the remote locking system.

The keys are identified by stickers which unfortunately wear off with time. The result: you kind of take your chance on key numbers when ordering new keys, unless you have the foresight to write your numbers in your owner’s book.

Synchronization of keys on these models is pretty easy. Put the key in the driver door. Turn it to lock while pressing the lock pushbutton. Hold for 5 seconds. Turn to unlock, press unlock and hold 5 seconds.

At that point, the vehicle should lock and unlock via pushbutton. If you cannot synchronize any keys the switches in the door latch may be bad, and I suggest you attend to that right away as the car will be stranded is security sync is lost.​

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally,

This company solved all my key issues for my 2001 Discovery II

Midwest Keyless
Phone: 1-815-675-0404.
The are in Sugergrove, IL (far north west suburb of Chicago)

Talk to Joe in customer service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts