Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the other day, I went to switch from heat to AC (Hi to Lo) in my 03 D2 (no rear air), and it was still blowing hot and the compressor wasn’t turning on. I then turned off recirc and I heard a snapping noise, and the fan starts vibrating super loud and starts shaking the whole truck. I can now only run it on speed 1 without it vibrating like crazy. I dropped the glovebox down and had a look inside the assembly through the recirc flap, and saw a plastic piece bouncing around in the assembly. It seems to all still work fine though - the recirc flap still moves fine, and it seems like it still switches between heat and cool just fine (compressor still won’t engage though). Why would this be the case, and how should I go about fixing it?

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump. I sent power directly to the compressor clutch today and it still blows hot air. Guess I have to replace the whole system (blend door box behind the dash)?

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Bump. I sent power directly to the compressor clutch today and it still blows hot air.
Don't do that again, there is a dual pressure switch which disables the compressor if there's not enough pressure in the system as to protect it from running dry. First of all go and have it checked for leaks and regassed before anything else cos if there's no gas in the system you can't expect cooling no matter if the compressor is engaged or not.

Reactions: V50_M66

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok - I was just verifying the compressor wasn’t locked up. It spins freely, engages well, and spins without making any weird noises.
So I’ll get the system checked for leaks and recharged, and then start worrying about the blend door situation. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts