Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am just gathering some market research for my alloy wheel business i hope to start in the near future, which concentrates on prestige car makes.
I hope to stock Vemiri wheels to fit the newer style Range Rover.
So therefore any opinions/suggestions on the wheels would be great!
Have a look at www.vemiri.co.uk and let me know if you would consider purchasing them for your Range Rover.
Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
590 Posts
Jason,

Id say get over the Range Rover and make a niche in Discos.
There are a ton of Disco I & II's that have a very limited choice for rims.
A lot of CO's are making rims for the new Rangey already so why add to the competition.
When I replace my 2000 Disco (that means hand it down to my younger brother) I will get the 04 Disco with teh 4.4.
Because the new LR3 sucks in my opinion. Looks like a concept Honda Element 4X4.
Anyhow, many many true Land Rover fiends will be doing the same and sticking to 2004 and older since there are so many of them out there in great condition.
They will all need updates so they fit in when they are parked valet.........

JMHO, Sharky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for the reply! Maybe you are right the new rover does already seem to be well catered for. If i were to make new wheels for the disco what would you the owner want from the wheels e.g how much would you be willing to pay? what size would you need?
Any information would be great!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi
Thanks for the reply! Maybe you are right the new rover does already seem to be well catered for. If i were to make new wheels for the disco what would you the owner want from the wheels e.g how much would you be willing to pay? what size would you need?
Any information would be great!

The coolest rims I have seen so far are the Teflon coated rims. Thats a great idea. The mud and crap should slide right off and it's gotta be a breeze to hose off.
No polishing either I assume. :clap:

16's would be what I would want since it's all about putting some 275 BFG AT's on your Discovery once you can afford to make it your 2nd vehicle.

How much? well, I powder coated my stock rims for 350 bucks total for 5 because I didn't like any of the rims that were out there at the time. I hadn't seen the teflon coated rims available from American Racing, eventhough I had two huge tire co's calling there reps asking them for any info on new styles..... :mad:

So I would say no more then 600 bucks for 5 rims. Why so cheap? Because there is a HUGE inventory out there of 99-2004 Series II Discovery's that have drivers that can afford to spend 600 on new stylish rims, but if it becomes more pricey then that fughetaboutit........ :rolleyes:
Most of us Land Rover lovers wait and buy our Land Rovers used so they depreciate. The used Land Rovers are usually in meticulous condition. So after such a great deal, why would we go and pay top dollar for rims? Money per head is what Im getting at Jason.
If you think it would be easier to just make less rims/sales and sell high end rims like the other guys then you must know what your doing.

I know nothing but my opinion.

Hope this helps.
I'll think about rim styles and get back at ya later.

Later, Sharky :drink1:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm with Hailsharky. Make affordable (not cheap rims) for the Disco I - Disco II in 15 and 16 inch. Because of the size of the PCD on the early discovery's most wheel manufacturers shy'd away from them and the situation is still mostly unchanged. A few years ago I was in the market for 8" wide alloy rims which were only being made at the time by Compomotive and Overfinch. I didn't like the Compomotive design and Overfinch wanted $495 per rim + they looked crappy. Needless to say I didn't buy them. Make a good looking rim to suit the above vehicles and I be willing to bet world wide sales.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Das right.

I was so close to getting black painted wagon wheel spoked rims for my Disco, but decided against it when my wife said those suck.
She was right and I thought back to when I had those on my first truck back in 89.
I didnt even like them then, lol.

BTW, how much would it cost for someone to get into the wheel business if he wanted to invest and just make Land Rover rims Jason? :dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.