Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from my first short road trip in my '04 Disco II and overall it went very well.

One odd thing was a new vibration from 50-55mph only...but that's kind of an important speed. The last thing I did before I left was have the tires balanced (I bought the wheels/tires off another Disco II owner). For what it's worth, the Big O guy said that they were WAY off - one of them was (I think) 5mm off and they had to remove it and remount it. I know Big O isn't the greatest, but I can't balance tires myself, so I paid for it.

Before this, I had no vibes at all - especially after changing out the drive shaft. He even said, you won't vibrate anymore...to which I said, weird, I didn't. And of course now I do.

Do I take it to my local indy to re-balance or is there something else wrong?

No the brakes do not cause the shimmy.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
So, like the man said, you have used tire/wheel issues. Were the tires out of round or was a wheel warped?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah...so it could be something that was hidden before the balancing? I was thinking it was more them screwing up but maybe the tires began over compensating and it felt smooth when it was really out of whack?

Maybe it's time for new tires already. Was trying to delay that a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts