Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is not my tires/alignment.. could this be a sign of the front shaft going south?

·
94 Defender 90
1,073 Posts
my friend also seems to be having that problem. 70-75 it's there, then approaching 80 and beyond it's nice and smooth. It's not felt in the steering wheel all that much, but you can really feel it in the body. I doubt it's tire balance because that would show up pretty much always after a certain speed, right?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had the same problem. had everything checked out ,tires balanced and rotated. It ended up being my front driveshaft. had it replaced and the vibration was gone. Cost me about $650 for the dealer to replace it.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
ya know what.....I had this problem with my 2000 disco from day 1 the dealer never fixed it.....always some BS excuse.....Tires underinflated/ overinflated balance...blah blah blah
Then it would give me a nasty shake during the 1st to 2nd gear shift. my 2003 started to have the shift shake just before I traded it in.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Farging great...

I wonder if my extended warranty will cover that. Yeah, it's not in the steering wheel, but the whole vehicle gets a growling vibration at around 70MPH.

Anyone heave any luck with using the extended warranty program from land rover? I am now at 52K, and I purchased the (2) additional years of warranty for another 24K miles when I bought the car. Hopefully the driveshaft isn't considered a "wear" item.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Make the tech go for a ride with you. They told me they would not try to duplicate a vibration over the 55 mph speed limit....FU ...lol
Who the hell drives 55?
I was just never persistant enuff to get them to fix the problem, but it made me crazy....oh wellllll ..just another good reason to trade it in on a new truck.
If it's any consolation the new RR doesn't have any vibration at all, except for my wife purring like a kitten every time she is in it......lol :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.